Wednesday, July 3, 2013

To Sin With a Viking by Michelle Willingham

To Sin with a Viking (Forbidden Vikings, #1)
Read in: July, 2013
Format: eBook
Source: Netgalley.com
Star Rating: 3
Netgalley sent me an ARC of the novel to review and offer my own opinion and honest review. My review can be used for press and will be sent off to the publishing house. 

Synopsis:
Styr, a Viking, is ambushed when he sets foot onto land and is taken captive by none other than Caragh o'Brannen while his wife, ship and crew are taken hostage by her younger brother, Branden. Styr will teach Caragh to fish, hunt for crabs, and eventually, to love again. 

Prosecution:
Better cover art, Harlequin, but when a big issue was arising, I wasn't as attached to it as I would've liked. I would rather skim through the issue and get to a better part. The whole "forbidden love" thing between Caragh and Styr was off-putting, especially since its because she's the other woman and they develop these feelings for one another. Cheating just really doesn't sit well with me. 


Defense: 
Well, glad to see there was a slight variation in the usual she gets into trouble, the hero saves her while still resisting the urge to fall in love, and then they live happily ever after. I admit, these two do live happily ever after but with a few bumps in the road beforehand. 

Verdict: 
Another three stars. The slight variation from the regular pattern that Harlequin follows gave it an extra point, but I just can't seem to get into the idea of Caragh taking Styr from his wife. Yeah, they weren't in love, but h should have never even initiated any kind of contact, no matter how "in love" he was falling with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...