Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blogger Interview with Laeititia a.k.a My Flurried Thoughts!


 "My name is Laetitia and I blog at Flurried Thoughts called Book Reviews, a young adult blog with some adult mixed in. When I'm not reading (or reviewing) I'm practicing my piano, oboe or guitar. I do spend some time wearing in my pointe shoes (toe shoes) with ballet. I'm a hopeless romantic (don't know if that's a pro or a con) too."


Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog; Flurried Thoughts called Book Reviews, because I wanted to help authors by providing reviews and also because I like spreading the word about the books I read...so why not tell the whole world? Book blogging also gives me an insight into the world of reviewing and editing, an option that I might want to explore when older. Lastly, putting pen to paper (wait...finger to keyboard) helps me to organise my extreme passion and sometimes exaggerated critisicsm for a novel and these take form as reviews.
What's the main focus?
The main focus of the blog is to provide honest reviews in the genres of Young Adult Romance, Young Adult Fiction, Young Adult Historical Fiction/Historical Romance, Young Adult Paranormal (no vampires),  Young Adult Fantasy, Young Adult 'Chick-lit'
Literature, Classics, Adult Historical Fiction/Historical Romance, Adult Fiction (e.g. The Time Traveller's Wife), Adult Fantasy
I also post stories that I write sometimes (Dreaming Fantastical Tales). Really, Flurried Thoughts is my little escapade to the world of writing and books.
Are you open to do reviews for authors?
Yes! I'm open to do reviews for authors. I do this free of charge. Currently in the process of reading two novels from authors that requested a review. You can read my review policy on my blog; http://myflurriedthoughts.blogspot.com.au/p/review-policy.html 
What do you love the most about your blog?
The aspect that I love the most of my blog are the book reviews. They're one of the main reasons the blog was created and they make me happy (cheesy, I know). It makes me happy to know that other people are getting the chance to choose the right books for themselves and at the same time I can help aspiring authors by providing them with both praise and at times constructive criticism.
What's your favorite book?
I have many favourites but one of my closests is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. 
The blurb:
The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called "Le Cirque des Reves," and it is only open at night.
But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway--a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love--a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.
True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per-formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.
Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart.
Yes.It. Was. Amazing.

What are your boggy goals for 2013 and what do you want to accomplish the most?
My bloggy goals for 2013 are to review as many books as possible and more books than 2012. I also hope to achieve some traffic and followers this year.
What's your favorite song, color, and movie?
My favourite songs this year were She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) by David Guetta and Sia, Some Florence and The Machine and Birdy. I'd have to say my favourite colours are mostly pastels...so my favourite colour is lilac. My favourite movies are Titanic, The Other Boleyn Girl and Romeo and Juliet. Yes I'm a hopeless romantic. I like to watch some Downton Abbey too.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...